Do you have a little one who still has baby teeth? It’s never too early to start getting your child used to yearly dental exams. In fact, the best way to establish healthy dental habits is to start early. This can help your kids understand that going to the dentist is a harmless and healthy part of life.
Dr. Bishara is Shelby Township’s go-to for child dentistry
Dr. Maha Bishara and Pearly Smile Dental Studio of Shelby Township, MI offer experienced and gentle dental care for children. Dr. Bishara and the rest of our team strive to make sure that your child feels confident about their visit.
We spend extra time explaining exactly what’s going on and answering questions to ensure your child is as comfortable as possible and understands what we are doing during their dental exam or procedure. We also help educate your child on teeth brushing and how to keep teeth clean and healthy so that when your child’s permanent teeth come in, they already have healthy habits and can avoid more serious dental hygiene issues in the future.
We understand that it can be scary for anyone, especially children, to visit the dentist. To lessen their anxiety and make their visit comfortable, we can provide nitrous oxide if your child is apprehensive about dental services. This sedative is safe for children and does not cause any long-term side effects.
Our gentle techniques are kid-friendly
We’re happy to offer high-quality service to our young patients. Our pediatric dental services include:
- Basic dental exams and yearly checkups for preventative care and the building of a great dental hygiene routine
- Parents welcome in the exam room to offer your child more reassurance and keep you informed on their dental health
- Oral education including teeth brushing and what to expect as your child grows
- Teeth cleaning to prevent periodontal disease and other bacteria-related conditions
- Fillings for established cavities
- Sealants to prevent cavities from occurring
- Fluoride treatments to strengthen your child’s teeth
We’re also happy to offer mouth guards for active kids participating in sports that may cause injuries.
Not sure how to pay? No worries – you’re covered!
Don’t panic about paying for your child’s much-needed dental health care. We’re also happy to discuss financing options on a case-by-case basis. Don’t hesitate to call us today to ask questions!